As the world turns
So first off I notice that I post less often here than I used to. Interesting to note and yet somehow I feel that the rate of my publications is not inappropriate. Some noteworthy notes:
I’ve been watching the Up Series (getting them through the always-awesome Netflix service) and just recently finished the third (filmed in 1977, they are 21 in the third). For those who are not familiar, the Up Series is about an experiment that is taking place in Great Britain. The theory is that who you are becomes largely cemented by the time you reach the age of seven. They film these selected people who were born in 1954 every seven years (starting at age seven). The show is incredibly thought provoking and amazing to watch. Imagine being able to see a snapshot of a person’s life at seven-year increments. That’s exactly what this is.
Its scary that by and large they seem to be correct: who you are in terms of values and reactions to stimuli changes very little past the age of seven. You may have different variables to consider (significant others, money, debt, responsibility, etc.) but the core is there. Makes me wonder if I am so terribly different in my demeanor than I was at seven. According to this show probably not!
I guess that means I owe my parents a big apology for my sassy and brazen attitude! :)
Work is going very well. Well enough that I may even be able to reveal WHAT I am working on soon! :) It’s all super-duper secret right now.
That’s about it for now. Planning my holiday trip home this December, looking forward to Halloween party time, and so on!
I’ve been watching the Up Series (getting them through the always-awesome Netflix service) and just recently finished the third (filmed in 1977, they are 21 in the third). For those who are not familiar, the Up Series is about an experiment that is taking place in Great Britain. The theory is that who you are becomes largely cemented by the time you reach the age of seven. They film these selected people who were born in 1954 every seven years (starting at age seven). The show is incredibly thought provoking and amazing to watch. Imagine being able to see a snapshot of a person’s life at seven-year increments. That’s exactly what this is.
Its scary that by and large they seem to be correct: who you are in terms of values and reactions to stimuli changes very little past the age of seven. You may have different variables to consider (significant others, money, debt, responsibility, etc.) but the core is there. Makes me wonder if I am so terribly different in my demeanor than I was at seven. According to this show probably not!
I guess that means I owe my parents a big apology for my sassy and brazen attitude! :)
Work is going very well. Well enough that I may even be able to reveal WHAT I am working on soon! :) It’s all super-duper secret right now.
That’s about it for now. Planning my holiday trip home this December, looking forward to Halloween party time, and so on!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home