Had a great weekend. Jeong and I bummed around all weekend and did cantankerous activities. One of the things we did was see The Island. Don’t want to ruin the movie’s plot for you, but I actually enjoyed it. I also find myself liking Ewan McGregor more and more as I see him in real films (i.e. not in Star Game, I mean CG Wars, I mean Star-Franchise-Rape, I mean STAR WARS. Whew).
A demo for The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is on the newest OXM magazine. There is a funny story about how I managed to pay 25$ for this demo only to get it for free like 4 hours later (yes, I am a dumb-ass) but that’s for another post. Long story short; this game was bad-ass @ E3 and you should check out the demo if you haven’t yet. I guess the best way to describe it is “Grand Theft Hulk” sans Hot-Coffee. Looks like they learned their lesson from the Spiderman game; being a super hero means running around and using powers, not going on a linear quest.
4 Comments:
I know gameplay is more important than graphics; look at GTA! But I worry that Hulk may be far enough under the current bar that no one will look at it.
The Island is opening here soon; apparently there is a film called Clonus that was parodied on MST3k. The director of that film says that The Island is a copy of his movie. Ironic, considering the themes.
CLONUS!!! YEAH I saw that on MST3K and I *knew* The Island was a rip-off. Actually now that I have seen both, it is really a blatant rip-off. Peter Graves played the evil politician in Clonus, and Clonus had a sad ending (no happy clones, all body parts harvested).
Now that I think about it, the dude that made Clonus may have a case. I'll testify for him! :)
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2002394690_islandripoff.html
Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.
Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home