Men, Bats, Autos involved in Grand Theft.
I saw Batman Begins this weekend and rather liked it. I thought it did a good job of both being a good movie and faithful to the license, something that the previous Batman films seem to have lost their way in. It seems like they took some cues from Spiderman and humanized the main characters quite a bit more. For instance, the character of Alfred was well built (without being completely central) so it makes more sense why he as a butler would be doing what he is doing instead of calling “the men in white coats” to take his poor master to the nerf-room. There are some issues with the movie, however. Firstly since the shots of the “Gotham” skyline they used almost matched my view of downtown Chicago exactly I had a hard time not laughing and saying “It’s the mercantile building! Er… I mean Wayne Tower!” and such. Something only people that have been to Chicago often would notice I guess. Also, the dialogue is poor in quite a few areas. Better than Star Wars Ep. III, but still poor.
I have also been playing a lot of GTA: San Andreas lately (never played much of it when it came out) and I have to change my mind about it. I do think it is the best in the series now. It takes for GODDAMNED EVER to get into due to their baby-steps into the mechanics, but once the world opens up good times are had by all.
Oh and by the way, when you see Batman you can see my apartment building and the parking garage next to it. The scene where the Batmobile is escaping from Arkham Asylum (sp?) and Batman jumps from the roof of a parking structure is what I am talking about. Kinda cool to see my block in the movie.
I have also been playing a lot of GTA: San Andreas lately (never played much of it when it came out) and I have to change my mind about it. I do think it is the best in the series now. It takes for GODDAMNED EVER to get into due to their baby-steps into the mechanics, but once the world opens up good times are had by all.
Oh and by the way, when you see Batman you can see my apartment building and the parking garage next to it. The scene where the Batmobile is escaping from Arkham Asylum (sp?) and Batman jumps from the roof of a parking structure is what I am talking about. Kinda cool to see my block in the movie.

1 Comments:
For some reason, I REALLY can't get over how poorly implemented the girlfriend/dating mechanic is implemented. It is like biting one's cheek while eating, then repeatedly biting it again by mistake.
Post a Comment
<< Home