Due for an update
So I guess the slickest news for this week is that I have a new bed. I got a queen sized futon to replace the twin futon I have been sleeping on ever since Bwana moved to Japan. Now leaving aside the fact that I slept on such a small bed for so long aside, most people look at me with kind of a screwed up face and say "Futon??? You LIKE futons?" The answer is... ABSOLUTELY! I got a 9" futon on a nice wooden frame and have been sleeping like a baby all week. I guess if you buy a crappy futon it will leave you desiring. Hell, if you buy a crappy "X" it will leave you desiring.
Ive messed around quite a bit with getting movies on my PsP's memory stick, with mostly good success. I can get about 90 minutes of video / audio down to about 800MB and still have it look good on the PsP. That's at the PsP's native resolution to boot. I use DVD Decrypter to pull the movie off of the DVD, AutoGK to convert the VOB to an XviD AVI, and then Sony's own Image Converter 2 to convert the AVI to MP4 (complete with the proper dir structure and naming). It sounds like a complicated process but it isn't. Even if my import PsP ran domestic UMD movies (which it doesn't) I wouldn't buy them because (A) they are MORE EXPENSIVE than DVDs and (B) they ONLY WORK in the PSP. I can buy a DVD movie and then make a PSP version of my movie to watch when I'm on the go. Far superior if you ask me.
E3 is coming soon. I'll be there. My hotel is in Universal City (yuk) so its a bit of a drive to downtown.
World of Warcraft now has its claws back in me. Damn that game to hell!!!!
Ive messed around quite a bit with getting movies on my PsP's memory stick, with mostly good success. I can get about 90 minutes of video / audio down to about 800MB and still have it look good on the PsP. That's at the PsP's native resolution to boot. I use DVD Decrypter to pull the movie off of the DVD, AutoGK to convert the VOB to an XviD AVI, and then Sony's own Image Converter 2 to convert the AVI to MP4 (complete with the proper dir structure and naming). It sounds like a complicated process but it isn't. Even if my import PsP ran domestic UMD movies (which it doesn't) I wouldn't buy them because (A) they are MORE EXPENSIVE than DVDs and (B) they ONLY WORK in the PSP. I can buy a DVD movie and then make a PSP version of my movie to watch when I'm on the go. Far superior if you ask me.
E3 is coming soon. I'll be there. My hotel is in Universal City (yuk) so its a bit of a drive to downtown.
World of Warcraft now has its claws back in me. Damn that game to hell!!!!

2 Comments:
Just call me the enabler :-)
I've been using PSP Video 9 for video encoding and it seems to work pretty well. Of course I want to get back to a Mac-based system as soon as I get my Mac back (grumbl)
Tim: You Mac users are all effete weenies.
Chuji: It looks like we're at the Miyako hotel now. That's nice, because I can theoretically be set /free/ from work in the evenings, if I'm not driving my crew off to the middle of nowhere, then trying to keep them from being mugged all night.
Post a Comment
<< Home