Sunday, March 06, 2005

GDC is coming

Well GDC is coming soon, and I'll be in San Francisco from the 7th 'till the 11th. From there I take a train to Sacramento to visit my sister until the 16th. Good times. I plan to take my laptop with me so I can update the blog as GDC news warrants.

I just (like 10 minutes ago) finished the single player campaign for Brothers in Arms. Now I know the WW2 1st person genre is super glutted, but I highly recommend you all check it out. Not only is there squad-based gameplay awesome, they involve you with the characters and story in a way not so successfully done since HalfLife. I found myself yelling at the Germans when they took down one of my squad-mates, not because I was mad I wouldn't finish the level as easy but because I wasn't going to hear his dumb-ass comedy about superman vs. batman in the next cutscene. His name was private Leggitt you Nazi fuck, and your going to pay for taking him down. THATS the kind of involvement this game managed to suck me into. Rare, esp. since I play a new game every 2.3 hrs and never really have time to let myself seep in the details that much.

Its not all perfect; sometimes the control for squad commands gets annoying (sending three guys charging when you just wanted to order cover fire just because the German ducked and your cursor was no longer on him is a pisser). Mostly its gold though. Realistic weapons and weapon fire (no hollywood sounds or music track during gameplay), good real control (no cross-hairs and iron-sight aiming jumps around with kick) and so on make this one not to miss. I was sorry when it was over.

I went on a bender Friday night that still kinda hurts. ZOW tequila is an ass-kicker. Friends took me out to celebrate my birthday and then poured my dead ass into a cab so I could go home and pass out. GOOD TIMES!

Anyway, see you all in San Francisco!

1 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

I'd assumed after that series of shots with my president that you'd had enough of "t'kill-ye" for a lifetime.

It was great seeing you at GDC. Sorry I forgot to mule your prezzies, but I'll get them in the mail shortly. Rarr!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home