Sunday, January 16, 2005

2K5: She's new!

Hello everyone!

Well its been a few weeks since 2k5 has birthed, and I'm a might tardy with my posts. Some notable notes:

MechAssault2 is selling very well, in fact it is selling 2X as much as the initial projections stated it would (well, nearly). That is a good thing. We have been working on DLC (downloadable content) for the game that addresses some of the user feedback and adds some neat new maps. That should be done by February, but I am not aware of when it will actually be available to download.

I got my Illinois Driver's License last week, so now I guess I am officially a citizen of Illinois! :) There is a funny-ass story about the license process that I will share with whomever asks, but I feel not the need to post it here. Its a good one.

Its cold here. Nice and cold. Perfect weather for watching the DVDs my sister gave me for losing a bet. It's a bet I would have rather lost, but hey the DVDs are nice and the movies are hard to beat! Yes Lori they arrived at work last week.

In the game front World of Warcraft still has a vice-grip on my soul. It keeps being fun and there are super cool things to do in every zone. Last night Tim and I found Warcraft-Style pod racers from Episode 1 in the salt-flats. Funny. I am also playing lots of Resident Evil 4 and Mercenaries. Both of these are amazing and well worth your attention. Res4 is so good its probably worth looking at even if you despised the previous games in the franchise. They addressed most all of the previous gripes about it. Mercenaries is basically "Grand Theft Korean War (the modern version)" and is loads of fun.

Anyway, take it easy and have a great week! Stay warm!

3 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

I'm living in fear of WoW; it appears pretty enough to keep my eye busy, and less grind-oriented than MUDs and EQ thangs have been.

What are you liking about Mercenaries? Weezie is flowing me his copy after he's done.

Have you tried Snake Eater? It's getting some good word of mouth, at every fora I frequent. I picked you up some Snake toys; mail me your street addy so I can send them.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Chuji said...

I rented Snake Eater and really didn't like it at all. Artists and Coders on that game have a great standing in my book. Design... was for hard-core anime fans. Lots of cheesy and ham-fisted dialogue that took AT LEAST 60% of the "play time" to "experience". I thing MGS1 and the boat-section of MGS2 were awesome. As soon as they made you Raiden the MGS series jumped the shark. And it hasn't come back yet.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEEZIE DECREES:

As much as I like many aspects of Mecernaries, i'm becoming increasingly stymied by sloppy design. For instance, last night I tried to get the Someone Of Clubs who was waiting on top of a building for a helicopter to come get them. The VO told me to look for a route onto the building, but I couldn't find one. Time after time, I watched the helicopter come get the baddie and then my mission would fail. Frustrated, on the next attempt, I called in an airstrike on the building and leveled it, but this resulted in the enemy being stuck in an inaccessible area and the mission promptly broke. I had to start all over again. I guess being able to do anything you want in a game world isn't necessarily viable yet.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home