December in Chicago
Hello all.
Well Christmas is coming. Soon I will be flying back to Sacramento and hanging with the family and friends. My sister wants to go to Tahoe and spend time with me and my father on some good-ole snowboarding (which sounds great!) AND I have to find a way to hook up with my bay area friends if possible. I land on the 22nd and return to Chicago on the 2nd. Not much time to see everyone...
Through some sort of strange luck I was able to go to both the Chicago and Baltimore Day 1 Studios Christmas parties. Both were good times and I feel privileged to have been at both.
This Wednesday I am hosting a gaming night at my house. This fine tradition was born from Mr. Sanders in the California circuit, and I have brought it here to Chicago. It has been a LONG time sine one has occurred though, so prepare for some wacky fun! On the plate are the new Mario Party (complete with microphone that plugs into the memory card slot for some reason), Alien Hominid's 4 player, Halo 2, and so on.
Mike Spinger in Hunt Valley told me about the fact that the new Battlestar Galactica series episodes are online via Bit-Torrent. This is awesome and I must track them down. He says that they not only maintain the quality of production and storytelling of the mini-series, they improve upon it. I think I said on here before how much that mini-series kicked ass, so I am DROOLING for the new stuff.
Well Christmas is coming. Soon I will be flying back to Sacramento and hanging with the family and friends. My sister wants to go to Tahoe and spend time with me and my father on some good-ole snowboarding (which sounds great!) AND I have to find a way to hook up with my bay area friends if possible. I land on the 22nd and return to Chicago on the 2nd. Not much time to see everyone...
Through some sort of strange luck I was able to go to both the Chicago and Baltimore Day 1 Studios Christmas parties. Both were good times and I feel privileged to have been at both.
This Wednesday I am hosting a gaming night at my house. This fine tradition was born from Mr. Sanders in the California circuit, and I have brought it here to Chicago. It has been a LONG time sine one has occurred though, so prepare for some wacky fun! On the plate are the new Mario Party (complete with microphone that plugs into the memory card slot for some reason), Alien Hominid's 4 player, Halo 2, and so on.
Mike Spinger in Hunt Valley told me about the fact that the new Battlestar Galactica series episodes are online via Bit-Torrent. This is awesome and I must track them down. He says that they not only maintain the quality of production and storytelling of the mini-series, they improve upon it. I think I said on here before how much that mini-series kicked ass, so I am DROOLING for the new stuff.

3 Comments:
Hey! You came to my parents' place for Thanksgiving! I'm deeply hurt that I wasn't informed about this game night earlier! Wednesday night, huh? I'll see if I can swing it.
So you arrive in CA in 9 days. That leaves just enough time for me to hatch a plot where your flight is diverted to SJC, I80 is closed / exploded, and a zombie-based catastrophy breaks out so we can enjoy the ritzier bay area establishments without worrying about payment. Everybody wins.
That leaves just enough time for me to hatch a plot where your flight is diverted to SJC, I80 is closed / exploded, and a zombie-based catastrophy breaks out so we can enjoy the ritzier bay area establishments without worrying about payment. Everybody wins.I want in.
Too late, suckah! Everyone knows that Japan and zombie catastrophies just don't mix. Besides, how many flights do you think I can divert in one day? I'm not driving all the way up to SFO; well... now that I think about it, it would give me the opportunity to run over more zombies.
Post a Comment
<< Home