Games
Killzone is getting panned in the reviews. This is good for my friends who are working on SnowBlind, which is also a 1st person shooter with squad elements and an online mode. To be honest, I agree with the issues raised in the reviews of Killzone (FPS, AI, etc.) but I still keep playing it and actually having some fun. The weapons are cool and well animated, and man it looks beautiful except when the LOD system goes on the fritz (which unfortunately happens quite often). I expect to play it all the way through and try online at least once to say I did so.
The Lord of the Rings RPG by EA is really cool. Penny Arcade's comic about the game is true, but I like it none the less. Sigh... too many good games out right now.
On the work side of the equation we are waiting to see if MS Test approves the current version to go to Certification. It's been a long road and (like every other game I've worked on) the end was a bit bumpy, but it's looking good. We played the shizzle out of it @ home all last week to test the network stuff in real-world conditions and it was almost always fun (except when we found a bad bug). Having a game you worked on for near two years still be fun is a good deal.
Last night I saw We Were Soldiers on TV. Sweet mother of god I'm glad I am not a soldier. I tried to imagine the battle I saw without the hollywood sheen and I almost got physically ill.
The Lord of the Rings RPG by EA is really cool. Penny Arcade's comic about the game is true, but I like it none the less. Sigh... too many good games out right now.
On the work side of the equation we are waiting to see if MS Test approves the current version to go to Certification. It's been a long road and (like every other game I've worked on) the end was a bit bumpy, but it's looking good. We played the shizzle out of it @ home all last week to test the network stuff in real-world conditions and it was almost always fun (except when we found a bad bug). Having a game you worked on for near two years still be fun is a good deal.
Last night I saw We Were Soldiers on TV. Sweet mother of god I'm glad I am not a soldier. I tried to imagine the battle I saw without the hollywood sheen and I almost got physically ill.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home