Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Otogi is the shizzle

Ok about a year ago Otogi for the Xbox was released. From Software developed it for Sega. It was amazing. It had amazing graphics, unparalleled music, incredible gameplay and was all in all the sleeper hit of the year.

Today Otogi 2 for the Xbox came out. Still by From Software, still published by Sega. It is un-be-fucking-leavable. They took everything that was great about Otogi 1 and cranked it by 42345243545%. THEN they gave you more characters to play (you only had 1 for the 1st game), non-linear level progression, more stuff to buy, better character customization, you name it. I really am doing myself a disservice right now by not playing it. It rocks. Pick up a copy.

I would also like to say my friend @ work Alan Noon bought a Japanese Xbox so he could play Otogi 2 before it released in the USA. He said it was amazing, and now that I behold it myself I realize he was holding back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sasquatchua said...

So is it basically an Onimusha type game?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Chuji said...

Its kinda Onimusha, but the camera is under your control (not fixed) and it is much more combat and barely any puzzle stuff.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's this jerk-off at work. Anytime the subject of Otogi 2 is mentioned, he butts into the conversation, rubs his dorky goatee, and says, "So, is Otogi 2 out yet?" Even now when the game is finally out, he still has the same stock answer. "Humph. I'm looking forward to that game." and walks away.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sasquatchua said...

Please... I so don't have a goatee.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home