Friday, October 08, 2004

Katamari Damacy

Katamari Damacy is without a doubt one of the coolest and most unique games I have played in a long, long time. It’s.... hard to describe but you are this little dude that rolls around a ball that collects items and gains mass. You are trying to make stars because your father dropped them all... or something... hell it’s impossible to explain. PLEASE at least rent it. I mean it. I don't care if you are a hard-core gamer (Weezie), an "I hate designer games" gamer (Timmeh), or a casual gamer (Lori) this game is for you.

The style? Imagine if Sid and Marty Krofft, Monty Python, and Beat Takeshi had their DNA sampled and spliced together. What an odd being that would be... and is!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmeh sez:

I already have Katamari - it's a lot of fun and you didn't mention that it's only $20 :-) I don't think Kataramari is a designer game - it's a quirky casual game. Karin has been playing a fair amount of it, so it gets the Sanders's household Thumbs Up!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Chuji said...

Desginer game = quirky game that only designers usually like. Usually very hard or very obscure. Good examples are:

Viewtiful Joe
R-Type
Playing Fallout with just a knife :)

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhythm games rarely manage to cage themselves into the dreaded "Designer Game" category. Rez is a possible exception.

1:35 AM  
Blogger bwana said...

Rhythm games rarely manage to cage themselves into the dreaded "Designer Game" category. Rez is a possible exception.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home