Saturday, September 11, 2004

September 11th, Judgement Day

It seems fitting somehow that I am on a Terminator kick on September 11th. After watching all three movies again and also playing the piss out of the new game by Atari (which is, I must say, quite good and worth at least a rental if you are into shooters) gives one a unique view of the future that Mr. Bush is sending us rushing towards.

Sigh, if only it were so. The nice thing about Terminator is that machines are ALMOST the perfect bad guy (the #1 slot being held by zombie-nazis). They aren't human, they have no feelings, and they seem to just want to kill everyone. It's pretty easy to get behind the "we don't want those machines around" cause, right? In today's world, who the fuck knows who is the bad guy anymore? The American government does a lot of good, lets be honest, and DOES help us lead lives we may take for granted (when is the last time you got bombed?). But then again, that same government bombs the piss out of other people. Are there terrorists there? Are there innocents there? Probably both. Do I claim to have a better answer or a magic solution? Sadly, no I don't.

I think I am doing a horrible job of explaining this to you all, but at the same time I think you all understand me. Evil begets evil, etc. etc. But to not respond invites... who knows? More badness? I also think this is why the USA public (if not the world) views the 2nd world war with such fondness. Nazi Germany was exterminating Jews by the millions AND saying to the entire world "Fuck you we will be the NEW WORLD ORDER" which makes fighting them a no-brainer. Enemies that black-and-white are few and far between.

Anyway, in other news a bunch of us Day1 peeps brought our dev. boxes home to test MA2 on as many different net setups as possible (short of the beta test, which is "any day now"). Some issues still remain, but I must say mostly it was stable. Stabe enough to point out some tuning flaws in my MP maps :) Ill fix those (got a list) as soon as I get the green light to do so on Monday.

Right now I am listening to the GTA:VC soundtrack which I got over two years ago and I still love. It is, perhaps, the best '80s music collection EVER. I still remember blasting gangstas to Laura Branigan's "Self Control". Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home