Where are da posts???
Sorry for the lack of posting. I have been muy busy as of late trying to make the 'Mech game I am working on as good as possible. I would like to take a chunk of my blog here to offer my apology to any coworker I may have been snappy to (or to Brad, who somehow became the focus of my abuse lately).
I solved Doom3 on Tuesday, and it was a good run. Some parts were lacking and MAN I was ready for the game to end when it did, but all in all I think it was an A+ game. I won't ruin anything for anyone but the ending is well handled and the whole game has a very scary feel. The HELL levels are to die for (yuk yuk) as they constantly shift and reorient themselves and are very confusing. Like hell should be.
My new computer is a nice little heater. It runs idle at 39c and fills my room with such a lovely red glow due to the LED you can see through the side window. It fills my heart with joy. My friend Brian commented here that he thinks his upgrade days are now Mac and boot time oriented, but as for me I still want SPEED SPEED SPEED! And to be able to play PC games with the full gambit of features on. I ran Doom3 in 1024X768 with every bell and whistle turned to max (except no anti-aliasing) and it never once dropped below 30fps that I could see. Nice.
My sister is coming to Chicago next month and I am very excited to see her!
They are filming the new Batman here in Chicago. Yesterday night I saw the new Batmobile on the street! Well, surrounded by 3245897345908374534 security guards but there none the less! W00T! I was going to take a picture or two but like a MORON I left my cam at home.
Anyway, take it easy all.
I solved Doom3 on Tuesday, and it was a good run. Some parts were lacking and MAN I was ready for the game to end when it did, but all in all I think it was an A+ game. I won't ruin anything for anyone but the ending is well handled and the whole game has a very scary feel. The HELL levels are to die for (yuk yuk) as they constantly shift and reorient themselves and are very confusing. Like hell should be.
My new computer is a nice little heater. It runs idle at 39c and fills my room with such a lovely red glow due to the LED you can see through the side window. It fills my heart with joy. My friend Brian commented here that he thinks his upgrade days are now Mac and boot time oriented, but as for me I still want SPEED SPEED SPEED! And to be able to play PC games with the full gambit of features on. I ran Doom3 in 1024X768 with every bell and whistle turned to max (except no anti-aliasing) and it never once dropped below 30fps that I could see. Nice.
My sister is coming to Chicago next month and I am very excited to see her!
They are filming the new Batman here in Chicago. Yesterday night I saw the new Batmobile on the street! Well, surrounded by 3245897345908374534 security guards but there none the less! W00T! I was going to take a picture or two but like a MORON I left my cam at home.
Anyway, take it easy all.

2 Comments:
No wonder Brad has been so crabby lately. I give him permission to punch you in THE FACE (but he must do it gently... until the project is over).
(a) I'm really looking forward to this next Batman. The footage of stuff coming out of Chicago looks really neat. Bale is going to be great, but he's also surrounded by so much talent, it's astounding. I really hope this is a comeback for the character in movies.
(b) Just to be clear on the PC front, I'm good with speed, but am finding that the bootup is the primary chronovoristic culprit. My iBook stays booted for weeks, and it is remarkably reliable. OTOH if I leave my Win2k box on overnight, it seems like it's running a bit chokily. More than any of this though, I feel I'm turning into a console gamer rather than PC-centric. I love PC games, but have historically had problems getting things going. I'll probably post at my.bicycle about this instead of here, though.
(c) In winter your whole apartment will turn into a cooling system for you machine. Isn't that handy?
Post a Comment
<< Home