Monday, August 09, 2004

Geek Bliss

Wow.

Wowie wow wow wow.

The "ATI Radeon X800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR" is without a doubt one of the most awesome video cards I have ever seen. This monster runs Doom3 on my current Athlon XP 1800+ at a pretty even 30fps @ 800X600. I can't WAIT to see if I can go to 1024X768 when I get my new CPU tomorrow.

By the way, Doom3 is the bomb so far. I won't ruin it for anyone, but this game is so awesome. It feels more like a modern retelling of the Doom1 game than the next chapter in the series (like Doom had much of a story anyway). The little PDA messages you get all the time and the way these give you "keys" basically to doors and tell you how to access areas reminds me A LOT of System Shock 2. As a matter of fact I think at this point it is safe to call Doom3 the action-oriented system shock. Take away the character customization and add a modern engine plus more twitch gameplay and you have Doom3.

Why the heck am I typing here??? I'm going back to DOOM! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home