Saturday, July 31, 2004

Bujingai!

Hello all! Sorry I have been so silent this week. MechAssault 2 is close to content complete, which is game-industry speak for "nothing new added beyond this point". So as many of you can guess, we are shoving in as much of the stuff as we wanted the game to have in as fast as we can. Post content complete you can EDIT / FIX stuff, but no new stuff. We have all been busting ass getting this thing ready for this HUGE milestone and the game looks, if I do say so myself, epic. I am proud to be working with such talented people.

But on to the title. I used GameFly to rent a copy of Bujingai for the PS2 which just came out. I was expecting little to nothing and got a beautiful and very well tuned action game. I recommend all of you who are gamers (Weezie, I'm looking at you) to go rent this. I already bought a copy after playing my rental. Good, good stuff.

No Tim, I don't think you will like it :)

Oh and Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube is a good RPG. The voice acting is HORRIBLE!!!! and if you don't like anime the whole look will throw you off, but the real-time combat system is boss once you get used to it.

Anyway, time for bed so I can go back to work!

3 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

What do you like about Bujingai? Weezie was just telling me some about it, and I'm thinking about getting the Japanese version.

Is Tales of Symphonia turn-based or action RPG?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Chuji said...

I like the combat in Bujingai. I also like the monster and character design. Good stuff. I would say the weakest point of the game is the wall walking / gliding stuff, but that is mostly due to the camera and is (IMHO) a forgivible weak-point.

Tales is a classic RPG, but the battles are in real-time (kind of side-scrolling twitch style). Pretty fun. You control one guy while the others are operated by AI and help you / heal you / fight with you.

4:05 PM  
Blogger bwana said...

I picked it up in d/t Osaka over the weekend for ¥980. Very cheap. I'll post impressions to my.bicycle after I give it a shot.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home