Monday, July 12, 2004

The Press

Our company (Day 1 Studios) has a big meeting with a popular game-magazine tomorrow. We have some swank new features that Microsoft has decided to debut via this magazine first. We spent a large portion of today trying to get this feature it’s best-looking, and even took it some directions that both surprised and pleased me.

Sorry for being obtuse, but the feature is big news and we have been sworn to secrecy. Suffice it to day that Day 1 Studios will retain its "Xbox Live Trail Blazer" status by giving new, cool stuff to the service :)

I've been trying to find what I want to play lately. I enjoy Full Spectrum Warrior on the Xbox, but I find its linear engagement tree to be a bit stifling to what is essentially a 3rd person real-time strategy (sans resource management).

I was really into Psi-Ops, but I reached a point in the game where someone somewhere decided to make the game longer by putting in this LAME power where you have to basically "scan" items to find the right block to put into the right hole. So its basically key-door gameplay with a lame, power-consuming key finder that doesn't help you in any other way. I think I won't be going back to the game. In all fairness though, the game rocked up 'till then, and I think I am near the end. Good rental.

I picked up a bunch of bargain games @ the $4.99 Circuit City sale, but most were worth... less than $4.99. A good example is Bionicle (published by EA of all people) which is particularly painful. I guess you get what you pay for.

Joint Operations continues to be a KICK-ASS MP game that me and my co-workers play as much as we can (usually during lunch and any free time after 7:00). I highly recommend checking it out.

Well that's it this time. Enjoy your start-of-the-week!

1 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

It's always tempting to raid the bargain bin whenever I hit a stateside game shop. You're right; you get what you pay for.

I didn't play Bionicle, but after the initial delays, I abandoned hope of having it be anything special. It's too bad, because I feel like Lego and games should be a natural, even automatic fit.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home