The 5th of July: Clean up the Taste!
Wow two days and two posts. I have to pace myself. :)
I popped into work today. Only three other people were there, but I saw from the sign-in sheet at the front desk that many people had already come in on previous days of the weekend. Huzah. After getting some stuff done I noticed just how empty the whole damn city felt, not just our office.
I live in River North, a neighborhood in Chicago that is (duh) just north of the Chicago River. South of us on the other side of the river is the Loop, which is where the financial district and all of that jazz is. Anyway, that area is usually HUMMING with activity during the workday, and going through it on my way to work and back was eerie since it was so empty.
Just east of both the Loop and River North is Navy Pier, a huge tourist trap and home to "The Taste of Chicago" which happens every year for a week just before the 4th. Taste is a big festival where people come and pay too much money for (admittedly good) food and watch "free" live bands. It is fun, but one of my friends aptly named it "Smell of Chicago" since you get real personal with lots of hot, sticky people in that crowded area. I saw on the news it is estimated that the sanitation dept. is going to take all night to clean the mess up, which ended @ 3:00pm today.
So yeah, I did my work, wandered through the ghost town and then came back home. I've been playing a lot of the Spiderman 2 video game and (much to my surprise) Psi-Ops by Midway. That's about it.
OH yeah, and my mother and father both called / e-mailed me at separate times asking how I was. Anyone that knows me will tell you I am not epic at returning messages, so if you guys read this... I'M FINE!!! :)
I popped into work today. Only three other people were there, but I saw from the sign-in sheet at the front desk that many people had already come in on previous days of the weekend. Huzah. After getting some stuff done I noticed just how empty the whole damn city felt, not just our office.
I live in River North, a neighborhood in Chicago that is (duh) just north of the Chicago River. South of us on the other side of the river is the Loop, which is where the financial district and all of that jazz is. Anyway, that area is usually HUMMING with activity during the workday, and going through it on my way to work and back was eerie since it was so empty.
Just east of both the Loop and River North is Navy Pier, a huge tourist trap and home to "The Taste of Chicago" which happens every year for a week just before the 4th. Taste is a big festival where people come and pay too much money for (admittedly good) food and watch "free" live bands. It is fun, but one of my friends aptly named it "Smell of Chicago" since you get real personal with lots of hot, sticky people in that crowded area. I saw on the news it is estimated that the sanitation dept. is going to take all night to clean the mess up, which ended @ 3:00pm today.
So yeah, I did my work, wandered through the ghost town and then came back home. I've been playing a lot of the Spiderman 2 video game and (much to my surprise) Psi-Ops by Midway. That's about it.
OH yeah, and my mother and father both called / e-mailed me at separate times asking how I was. Anyone that knows me will tell you I am not epic at returning messages, so if you guys read this... I'M FINE!!! :)

1 Comments:
I cannot possibly imagine wanting my parents to be reading my blog on a regular basis. Not because I comment about them, but they'd probably think that I don't have decent enough stuff to do with my time and start asking me how the house is coming along or why there're no grandkids yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home