Saturday, August 21, 2004

ahhhh...... soothing

Got my computer. Got it set up. Life is good.

JEZUS this thing is a beast!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sasquatchua said...

After seeing some of those HL2 shots that Bwana linked, I'm seriously thinking about upgrading as well. Don't have the funds just at the moment, plus I'll have to see how that XP 3000+ does. But at the very least I'm thinking about a new GPU and PSU. And maybe some more ram. And did a DVD burner ever really hurt anyone? Aside from the MPAA I mean? Am I forgetting any acronyms?

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey Monkey MONKEY!!1!ONE!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger bwana said...

I'd like to have a new computer, but I don't really need one. I am happy that so many people think about doing so for HalfLife, but I'm off the fucking treadmill. I know it's circular: buy a new computer so you can play a couple games that take advantage of it, and enjoy the generally faster speed of the machine. However I think the primary motivator for my next purchase will be something that I can leave on in Standby/Sleep as much as possible.

The big drag for me in a computer isn't that I can't play X or Y computer game, because I've got a stack of PC games waiting, between used purchases and friends frequently flowing me their hand-me-downs.

The big problem is the dreary process of booting up and waiting for my applications to start up. Outside of that, any other delays are completely trivial. If my machine is left in a wait-state, as my iBook is constantly (literally WEEKS between reboots), all those problems disappear.

I think my next machine is going to be a used Mac.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home