Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Only Half-Life 2

Ok Steam sucks. Even if you bought the retail version from a brick and mortar (as I did) you have to log onto steam to unlock Half-Life 2. It is slow and the servers are being hammered by all the customers.

Do it anyway.

Half-Life 2 is the single-player game of the year. No doubt. Not one minor, little hesitation comes to my mind when saying that. It is the motherfucking GODFATHER of video games. Amazing. 100% immersive, 100% design and art mastery. I keep having to pull myself out of Half-Life 2 daydreams today. I can't wait to go home and play it. I hope to solve it tonight so I can go through it again.

Buy it. Just.... buy it. But have a monster machine. You'll need it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmeh sez:

While not questioning the whole "Steam sucks for the box version" concept - why didn't you buy from Steam to begin with? I bought HL Silver last weekend, had the game all preloaded on my HD plus a buncha other stuff (HL Source, CS Source, Codename Gordon, etc.) and it was pretty sweet.

OK, I'll admit it did take like 20 minutes to unlock when I went to run it - but comparing it to MMO content distribution Steam seems pretty damn cool to me. More money to the developer, no need to visit the brick & mortar, etc.

And truthfully, I prefer the internet phone home over insisting you show the game the physical CD every time you play.

So I'd say - buy HL2 but do it *through* Steam. More games for your buck and no twerp in EB telling you how much he likes it instead of just ringing it up

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home