Giving Thanks
This Thanksgiving I have been invited to Josh's family for festivities. I am glad I can go and can't wait to hang out with the posse. They are all very nice people and I hope I can be put up with for an evening of turkey and goof-ball antics.
I get my Nintendo DS tomorrow, but I am starting to worry about it. The mere fact it can play GBA games is super cool, but the launch titles haven't exactly been raved about. MarioDS is leading the pack with an average of 87%. That isn't great for the "killer app". SpiderManDS comes in 2nd with a mere 80%.... and the third title I was looking forward to (Feel the Magic) is only getting a 71%.... uh oh. I'm also toying with "Sprung", which is the 1st dating sim I can recall released to the USA. It is so silly I must own it.
Oh and by the way, if you haven't played Half-Life 2 all the way through you are really doing yourself a disservice. I don't think I am going out on a limb here by saying it is the best single player experience.... ever? Well for a long time. It's the video-game equivalent of "The Godfather", I shit you not.
I get my Nintendo DS tomorrow, but I am starting to worry about it. The mere fact it can play GBA games is super cool, but the launch titles haven't exactly been raved about. MarioDS is leading the pack with an average of 87%. That isn't great for the "killer app". SpiderManDS comes in 2nd with a mere 80%.... and the third title I was looking forward to (Feel the Magic) is only getting a 71%.... uh oh. I'm also toying with "Sprung", which is the 1st dating sim I can recall released to the USA. It is so silly I must own it.
Oh and by the way, if you haven't played Half-Life 2 all the way through you are really doing yourself a disservice. I don't think I am going out on a limb here by saying it is the best single player experience.... ever? Well for a long time. It's the video-game equivalent of "The Godfather", I shit you not.

4 Comments:
Settle down! Some of us are *STILL* playing through HL2, but I think my . . . uhh self-service . . . is just fine :-)
I've actually being debating slowing it down - I'd like to get a new PC around it, but that ain't happening until Xmas at the earliest.
BTW, are you still playing San Andreas? It's been growing on me slowly. I wouldn't have stuck it out without my knowledge of what it was turning into, but once I got the SF and backcountry territory opened up I like it quite a bit more.
From Lori:
Speaking of video games, what do you think of this? http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&e=3&u=/nm/media_videogames_kennedy_dc
Sorry, no HTML skills...
Brad and I at work went 1/2 and 1/2 on the Kennedy game. It's actually kind of interesting all the work that went into the ballistic physics and such, but yeah mostly its disgusting.
We gave it a few rounds and found a good approach was to shoot the driver of the presidential limo and then pick off the riders as the limo drifted off of the road. It was actually cool to see the motorcade react in a pretty realistic fashion until you realize this actually did happen and you are recreating how you would have murdered someone...
To each his own I guess.
I'm thinking they're pretty sad to be going this far for publicity, and claiming that they're big fans of JFK and think there was no conspiracy. Just as Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" made so many bible-belters thing they'd seen the actual last few hours of Jesus, there is substantial danger from people believing that if they can make something happen in the game, it may mean something about reality.
I'm reminded of the line from some TV show, while two characters are in a car, the driver says, "Hang on, I'm going to try something. I saw it once in a cartoon, but I think I can pull it off!"
In other news, here's a list: Worst things about the JFK game.
Post a Comment
<< Home