Sunday, January 02, 2005

Im BAAACK!

Hello everyone! I am back in the grand old city of Chicago. I had a great holiday vacation and got to see quite a few family and friends, many of whom I haven't seen for years.

I landed in Sacramento on the 23rd and was picked up by my Sister, my Mother, and my sister's boyfriend. Right away we started to have fun. I hung out in Sacramento until Christmas morning. We had our morning prezzies and then we piled into the car and went to Belmont to hang out with my Mother's side of the family. Aunt Barbara and Uncle Vance are looking well, and good grief their kids are huge. I can't believe how old they are getting. Kristen is 20, and I remember being 10 when she was born. Whew!

We went back to Sacramento that same day and passed out. I had more Capital City fun until the 28th, when my Dad came into town and we all got ready to visit his cabin near Tahoe! He and I drove up (over?) there in his car and my Sister and Stephen followed in their car. We didn't need chains on the way in, but we decided to only spend one night and return the next day because the snow started falling HARD. We barely made it out and heard that 80 (the only real road out of there) was closed behind us. Despite the length of the stay we managed to have great fun (pics below).

We dropped Lori and Stephen off in Sac and drove to San Jose. I passed out at my Dad's house and then got to see my Uncle Ron and my Aunts Sherry and Dorinda for like the 1st time in over two years. They are doing great and I was very happy to see them. Since the family is all over the place now (Ron and Dorinda's kids live in LA and Vegas) it is very hard for everyone to see each other. We should plan some sort of family reunion so that we don't lose touch!

After having lunch and talking to family for that day (the 30th I believe) dad drove me to Josh and Rachel's house. Josh and Rachel are friends from the gaming industry. That night we went to Rock Bottom and much fun was had. I drank too much, tea-bagged a total stranger by accident (great story if you can get me to tell it) and in general got to see tons of buddies at once. Tim and Karen are looking great, and it was a relief to see Stacy doing so well after her medical crisis(s). Weezie and his newest victim look great, as to Sirius, Athena, Lee, and so on! :)

On New Year's Eve Josh, Rachel, Lee and I took a road trip to San Francisco (did I mention it was raining on the penensula the whole week) and we had a good (if not short) time looking through J-town and then meeting Ken Capelli at House of Nan-King for dinner. Bonus points to Josh for parking RIGHT in front of the Hustler Club. How we DIDN'T end up in there is a mystery to me!

That night we went back to San Jose and had a big, fun New Year's party. Lots of fattening food, booze, and fun with friends.

After thanking Josh and Rachel for letting me park my ass in their house for two nights we had some breakfast and then I took the train back to Sacramento. I had one last great night out with my Mother, Stephen and Lori before packing, sleeping, and then flying back to Chicago.

I must say that the vacation was the best I can remember in a long time! I want to thank everyone who I got to see and let everybody know I am completely re-energized and found not a single flaw in the past week (plus a few days). Only person missing was Bwana, and he was indeed sorely missed.

ENJOY PICTURES!

Here is Stephen, Me, and my sister Lori in the beautiful Tahoe snow-storm.


My dad and I!


Stephen, Lori and I next to a snowman we made. Fresh powder is hard to use to make a snowman!


I think the road is under that ice... thank god for chains!


The view from the back of my dad's cabin in Tahoe:


The front of the cabin after the shovels made the door available to humans:


The cabin's neighbors. Nice area!!!


This rest-stop is on the top of the summit. It was snowing so hard the plows hadn't cleared a path to the rest-stop. You had to stop on the side of the road and hike up to the area if you had to use the restrooms. When nature calls, snow is no obstruction!

1 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

Hey, "Kitten," I missed you during the holidays as well. Many were the times I hoped to call out "MOMENT" and hear the answering cry, the native screeches that worry the night skies around the island of Tobal. I'll post a note at my.bicycle or at my LJ about what has been consuming my time. I'm extra glad you had a great time with all the family and friends, and wish I could have been there and parTOOK.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home