Post GDC, Post Sacramento
Well I am back in Chicago, just in time for St. Patty's day!
I had a really good time at the GDC (aside from the whole food poison thing that Mr. Springer and I went through). I learned a lot of stuff and more importantly, recharged my designer batteries and am raring to make games! There were a lot of neat new ideas in the design field that I found very compelling. I have bits of my notes plus "after-notes" I took between sessions that I have to combine into a cohesive document so I can properly make use of what I saw.
After GDC I was out and about in Sacramento where the weather was very nice and the fun never stopped. My sister, my mother, Stephen and I had a grand old time walking around the city and exploring. I really liked the tour of the governor's mansion and the train museum, as well as just walking around and soaking in the sights. I actually kind of feel that post-vacation sheen on my skin right now. It was great but I'm ready to go back to work!
I had a really good time at the GDC (aside from the whole food poison thing that Mr. Springer and I went through). I learned a lot of stuff and more importantly, recharged my designer batteries and am raring to make games! There were a lot of neat new ideas in the design field that I found very compelling. I have bits of my notes plus "after-notes" I took between sessions that I have to combine into a cohesive document so I can properly make use of what I saw.
After GDC I was out and about in Sacramento where the weather was very nice and the fun never stopped. My sister, my mother, Stephen and I had a grand old time walking around the city and exploring. I really liked the tour of the governor's mansion and the train museum, as well as just walking around and soaking in the sights. I actually kind of feel that post-vacation sheen on my skin right now. It was great but I'm ready to go back to work!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home