Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Windows to the digital empire

Ok I just got a new flat panel display for my computer. I use it as my primary display, and use my old CRT as my secondary monitor. Wow I got a lot of desktop now! I have both displays showing the matrix code (each with its own desktop thanks to Nvidia's nice dual display drivers) and I feel like I am in the Nebuchadnezzar. I played Half Life 2 a bit on my flat panel in 16X10 mode and zow, it looked even better than before.

E3 is coming up. I received a pass to the Microsoft Xbox party but I won't be able to attend as the party is on Monday the 16th and I don't arrive until Wednesday the 18th. Oh well. I gave my pass to Bwana as he said he could enjoy it.

Like a fool I watched the video of the helicopter crewman / passenger / whatever who was "saved" from the shot-down helicopter in Iraq get executed. A friend of mine once said "You can never un-see what you have seen" and this tape reinforces that fact. Man that was raw. If I gained anything from it it's (A) that situation sucks, (B) those people suck, and (C) I'm still not sure if its better to die in a helicopter crash or survive it and then be shot to death by some asshole with an AK-47. I'm thinking die in crash.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sasquatchua said...

"and I feel like I am in the Nebuchadnezzar. I played Half Life 2 a bit on my flat panel in 16X10 mode and zow, it looked even better than before."

You ARE the One.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeffie - I'm so sorry that you disturbed yourself by watching that hideous Iraq helicopter-related execution, sweetie pie. Now maybe you can understand why I did every blessed thing I could do to shield you from violence in every sort of media. I love you, son.....mom xoxoxoxox

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home