Games, sex, and violence
About 22% of illegal drug users are under 18. But we worry about children seeing polygons having sex. About 14% of our gross domestic product in the
About 22% of illegal drug users are under 18. But we worry about children seeing polygons having sex. About 14% of our gross domestic product in the
2 Comments:
I have grown up on videogames and am now 19 years old. I do not think that videogames influence people towards violence, in fact I think that they reduce stress and the feeling of wanting to kill or hurt someone. (not that I have ever REALLY wanted to kill someone :P ) As for the sex scene, it was programmed into the game, yes. However, it is only unlockable through a modified game, or ILLEGAL game. They have a right to be a little mad about this but it is rated M for Mature. That means 17+ and you can see some softcore action in the game like on HBO at age 5. More people have HBO than the game in question (I noticed how you did not mention the name of the game since your company is not affiliated with it ;) ) This means that more kids have access to REAL nude people doing the same thing yet no one is questioning that. If you want to complain then all you have to do is NOT buy the game fo ryour kid. Since most likely they do not have enough money unless you spoil them to death and they cannot even buy the game if underage. So that means that all of the complaining parents bought the game for their own kids. "Mommy can I have that?"
"Yes, Timmy."
Happens all the time.
I think the real question here is whether or not Rockstar shipped a game on it with content that is out of bounds for its rating. Sure, it is arguable that the content cannot be easily accessed. It is also arguable that Rockstar may not have known it was on there, which I am given to understand would imply slipshod production. Given that I encountered more crashbugs in GTASA than any other PS2 title I've played, I am inclined to think a lot slipped through the cracks in order to make their ship date. Incidently, that is a ship date centered around Christmas, which largely implies that these are being bought as presents, and likely for kids. Whether or not parents are taking the ESRB ratings seriously is another problem.
Post a Comment
<< Home