Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Charlie and the Bomb Disposal Unit Factory

Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the Imax here in Chicago yesterday. Smiled through the whole thing; felt like a kid and enjoyed it thoroughly. Great layers of humor. Stuff for kids, stuff for adults. It felt like a Looney Tunes cartoon brought to life with good actors and writers. The company I was with also did wonders for my mood.

This morning there were bomb-sniffing dogs on the Blue Line. I went down the stairs to the platform @ the subway and there were two bomb-disposal cops (one in FULL bomb disposal gear much to my shock) with bomb-dogs. BIG dogs. They just looked and smiled so I walked past. Around the corner was a THIRD big dog with cop that looked at me like “Hello citizen, what’s in the bag? Or must I bite your face?” I let out a yelp much to the humor of the standers by. I had my headphones on so this was even more surreal as it played out like my own silent movie.

My mother comes to town on Friday to visit. This is her first “real” trip to Chicago so I plan to show her around and we are going to have loads of fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger bwana said...

Don't let her see the dog!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home