Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hope the 4th rocked!

It has been quite a while since my last post. I must apologize for that. Things have been happening rather quickly and many goings on have... gone on so there is a lot to post about.

But before all that CONGRATS to Stacey and Lee on their new child! My hat is off, my heart is out and my smile is broad for your new bundle of joy! For those who know the story of Lee and Stacey and their quest to spawn this is truly a great event. For those who DON’T know… well it isn’t my place to spew details but the road was long and rough.

Big news here on the home front is that I have been seeing someone here. Jeong Shin (a Korean name) is my girlfriend and yes, yes she kicks ass. She works for a firm that helps place battered, homeless, or otherwise deposed women into stable living situations. It is a high stress, high turnover job that actually contributes to the quality of life around here in the Chicago area. She does this for absolutely-not-enough-money while I try to figure out how exactly to make digital explosions and machineguns more fun. She is also quite smart, incredibly beautiful, witty, sassy, and just fun to be around. Why the hell she is willing to settle for me is beyond my guess!

Last week Denny (the head of Day 1 Studios) TJ (one of two Producers) and I (one of one Chuji-san) took a quick road-trip to the Bay Area and LA to pitch a new project. I can’t talk about the project itself (I guess it is safe to say it is awesome and original IP) and I must apologize to my friends and family located in California for not stopping by. We pitched the idea to six publishers in three days (WHEW) and there was no time for anything else.

That’s not 100% true. The first night I was up all night praying to the porcelain god after getting some bad fish. So the fact that nobody drove up to San Francisco to watch me leak from both ends into a toilet is just not my fault, dammit! :)

The pitches themselves went great. The meeting we thought just crash-and-burned apparently was met with great favor, so the ones we thought we nailed must have been REALLY good! Been hearing back from publishers and the responses are awesome.

No Tim, it doesn’t have a fixed camera. :) And I hate you too.

That’s about it for now folks. I gotta go back to my kitchen and play with some dry ice that Peapod left in one of my grocery bags. Noting like making little fake “Harry Potter Drinks” that froth to add that bit of fun to the evening. Make sure to read the new book this Saturday because come Sunday I’m posting billions of spoilers here! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a grown man. Stop reading Harry Potter. I have some Golden Books or Nancy Drew Mysteries from my 5 year old nephew that probably have better plot twists.

-pariahman

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But is it a user controlled camera, or does it float around of it's own accord?

Two of my recent Gamefly rentals were God of War and Ape Escape 2 - both of which use the right analog stick for gameplay mechanics. And I just could NOT get used to it. Something about 3rd person controls - the right stick should just be look/camera now. Both games had valid reasons for changing that but even after several hours of play I would routinely go "I wonder what's over there" and push the right stick and trigger off some move.

I don't know exactly when that become so standard that I just assume it works in all games but for me it's definitely true.

And I'm excited to see the full hate circle! I might even write a "I hate Jeff" haiku!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sasquatchua said...

Glad to hear it! I was getting a little worried there for a bit. Can't wait to see what you came up with so you can stick it to MS.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home