Friday, August 26, 2005

HULK NO LIKE PAXIL!!!!!

Hello all. Sorry for the silence!

I am now officially off Paxil. For those who didn’t know I have been taking 20mg of Paxil daily for quite some time now (since the Accolade days, anyway) and my doctor and I decided to take me off. I have been having such positive turnarounds in my life lately that we both thought it was well time to remove me from the brain drugs. Which is what I wanted anyway; less medication = better. We tapered down the dosage (10mg for about 3 weeks, then 5 for about 3 weeks, then 2.5 for about a month, and now zip) but the withdrawal symptoms are INTENSE AND SUCKY. The ones I was lucky enough to bag:
* Intense insomnia
* fatigue
* extraordinarily vivid dreams
* extreme confusion during waking hours
* memory and concentration problems
* speech problems / inability to use or find the right word
* severe mood swings, esp. heightened irritability / anger
* the feeling of shocks, similar to mild electric one, running the length of your body
* slurred speech
* blurred vision
* sore eyes
* hypersensitivity to motion, sounds, smells
Keep in mind these are not one at a time symptoms. I can recall many times where five or MORE of these symptoms were occurring at once. Yuck. These went on for about a WEEK until they simmered down (just recently, and not completely). This drug’s withdrawals are TERRIBLE and I totally recommend anyone who needs to take a SRI NOT take Paxil. I am glad to be off now, but fuck me I thought I was going insane with all of the psychotic stuff going through my brain.

Work is going great. I wish I could share exact details, but I am pretty sure a lot of it I cannot talk about in an open forum yet. I can put it in code: those of you who were employees of Circus Freak Studios will remember us going through a similar set of circumstances before I left that company. Now imagine those “just before I left” circumstances but SUPER POSITIVE. Any more than that and I’ll let some cats out of some bags somewhere, but I think you will get it. If you were NOT at Circus Freak Studios, well you’ll just have to wait ‘till I can talk about it. :)

HULK IS OUT GO PURCHASE IT NOW GET IT ITS GOOD GET IT.

I swear I never feel feeble in the Hulk game. They captured “GTA meets Hulk” so perfectly it makes me delirious. Every time you take damage you just get angrier and more powerful and get cooler moves (just like the character in the comics / movie). I become an oozing primate in Hulk, I honestly start screaming into the TV “PUNY HUMAN GUNS! HULK SMASH!!!!” And then I do :)

What does the Hulk have to say about the game? See here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sasquatchua said...

Since I had no idea of any such things, or even what Paxil is used for, this post caught me a bit off guard. But glad to hear it; I'm just shocked because I would not have guessed in a million years that you would be labeled as depressed - by a doctor or anyone else. Which I guess means it was doing what it was supposed to do.

Still finishing up Psychonauts and HL2, and there's going to be a few good games out in Sept when we're off on our big trip. What platform did you end up getting Hulk on?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Chuji said...

I got Hulk for Xbox. I do love me the 720p and widescreen! Can't get that on GC or PS2.

As for paxil, it isn't just a depression medication (although that IS its most known use). I took it for anxiety / panic attacks. See the following: http://anxietyhelp.org/treatment/medication/paxil.html

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home