As the colon turns
So the doctor just called with my blood work results. Turns out that I am really low on minerals but not anemic as we first suspected. So yeah I can use some minerals but I’m ok there. Also turns out that I am NOT testing positive for Celiac Disease. So I may just scarf some pancakes in victory over that one. My thyroid levels are normal. I am not diabetic. My blood was red. Everything seemed normal.
SO.
So now the question still remains: what the hell?
I have a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy scheduled for the 28th of this month. It was the soonest I could make the appointment; the doctor is very busy (so many colons, so little time). The doctor wants to see everywhere she can see to evaluate what needs evaluating. We talked again about mental elements but she wants to rule out physical issues before arriving at the “It’s in your head diagnosis” (as she put it).
Honestly I was kind of hoping I WAS a member of the Celiac Disease Club. Then I would know WTF was going on. I have been eating gluten free food for the last two days (as the doctor advised) to try to be kind to my intestines until they knew if it was Celiac Disease or not. Now that we know it ISN’T, I can return to a normal diet. But I must say, I have found some tasty new food in this process! Some of that gluten-free stuff is gooooood!
Well news will continue to be posted here as I get it. ENJOY! :)
SO.
So now the question still remains: what the hell?
I have a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy scheduled for the 28th of this month. It was the soonest I could make the appointment; the doctor is very busy (so many colons, so little time). The doctor wants to see everywhere she can see to evaluate what needs evaluating. We talked again about mental elements but she wants to rule out physical issues before arriving at the “It’s in your head diagnosis” (as she put it).
Honestly I was kind of hoping I WAS a member of the Celiac Disease Club. Then I would know WTF was going on. I have been eating gluten free food for the last two days (as the doctor advised) to try to be kind to my intestines until they knew if it was Celiac Disease or not. Now that we know it ISN’T, I can return to a normal diet. But I must say, I have found some tasty new food in this process! Some of that gluten-free stuff is gooooood!
Well news will continue to be posted here as I get it. ENJOY! :)

1 Comments:
Maybe I just missed a chapter or post or something, but I thought you were just getting a checkup and did not have a particular disaster going on. Is it the mega-weight loss momentum that you're investigating, or is there something else?
Post a Comment
<< Home