Wow this blog is DEAD... Sorry!
Hello all. Yes I have been remiss (drastically so) in my blog posts over the first 25% of 2006. Sorry about that!!!
So my weight. This has been raised as a concern by many of my friends and family over the last couple of days. Mainly you all think I am too skinny; perhaps even to the point of dangerously so. Well I hear you. I think it is quite natural for me to become defensive when presented with criticism of any kind, especially when it has to do with something that garnered me praise during the process (in this case the weight-loss). If you approached me about this and I WAS defensive, my apologies. For each of you that has come to me with this matter know that wow, you ain’t alone. I am hearing this from many different sources.
SO. So I am scheduling a physical soon; I’ll let you all know the results of that after it occurs. But the body is only 1/2 the equation, right? There’s the mental thing too. I don’t know, maybe I DO have an eating disorder. Maybe I always have. It used to be about excessive eating and now it may be about excessive calorie management. Neither is healthy; I need to find the balance. And that’s going to take some doing. And help from you peeps!
Well aside from the weight thing my life has been BUSY in 2006 so far. We are trying to keep this little game we are making on track and focused. There are a lot of passionate and bright people on this and they are all bringing a ton of creativity and talent to the table. It is a lot of work and sometimes the light (even short-term goals-based light) at the end of the tunnel is hard to see. But when we DO see what we have been working on running on screen it’s amazing. I really am proud to be working on what I am, with who I am.
Game wise (when I can get to a game) I have been playing a lot of Oblivion for the XB360. Before that I played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the same platform. Both are fun. I will say (and surprise myself by saying it) that Oblivion is SO open-ended that I feel a bit lost and out of focus; am I SUPPOSED to be doing what I am doing right now? Lots of quests piling up; does that mean I am failing? Overall tho it is fun.
OH and I won a GP2X from Play-Asia. That’s super cool! I was thinking of buying one but said “Nah”. Next thing I know I got one for free! It is a little portable that uses an open-source Linux architecture. Tons of home-brew action. MAME on it is a blast, and with a 2GB sd-card I can take a LOT of arcade action wherever! It even has a PS1 emulator!
And last (but oh-so-not-least) Jeong and I are getting along famously, thanks for asking. She really does kick ass; I am very fortunate to have her be such a large part of my life right now. Last weekend we went and saw Bizet's "Carmen" AND the newest Second City revue. While those certainly are different in tone, both of them were much fun!
See you all! Hopefully I can remember to post more regularly now! :P
So my weight. This has been raised as a concern by many of my friends and family over the last couple of days. Mainly you all think I am too skinny; perhaps even to the point of dangerously so. Well I hear you. I think it is quite natural for me to become defensive when presented with criticism of any kind, especially when it has to do with something that garnered me praise during the process (in this case the weight-loss). If you approached me about this and I WAS defensive, my apologies. For each of you that has come to me with this matter know that wow, you ain’t alone. I am hearing this from many different sources.
SO. So I am scheduling a physical soon; I’ll let you all know the results of that after it occurs. But the body is only 1/2 the equation, right? There’s the mental thing too. I don’t know, maybe I DO have an eating disorder. Maybe I always have. It used to be about excessive eating and now it may be about excessive calorie management. Neither is healthy; I need to find the balance. And that’s going to take some doing. And help from you peeps!
Well aside from the weight thing my life has been BUSY in 2006 so far. We are trying to keep this little game we are making on track and focused. There are a lot of passionate and bright people on this and they are all bringing a ton of creativity and talent to the table. It is a lot of work and sometimes the light (even short-term goals-based light) at the end of the tunnel is hard to see. But when we DO see what we have been working on running on screen it’s amazing. I really am proud to be working on what I am, with who I am.
Game wise (when I can get to a game) I have been playing a lot of Oblivion for the XB360. Before that I played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the same platform. Both are fun. I will say (and surprise myself by saying it) that Oblivion is SO open-ended that I feel a bit lost and out of focus; am I SUPPOSED to be doing what I am doing right now? Lots of quests piling up; does that mean I am failing? Overall tho it is fun.
OH and I won a GP2X from Play-Asia. That’s super cool! I was thinking of buying one but said “Nah”. Next thing I know I got one for free! It is a little portable that uses an open-source Linux architecture. Tons of home-brew action. MAME on it is a blast, and with a 2GB sd-card I can take a LOT of arcade action wherever! It even has a PS1 emulator!
And last (but oh-so-not-least) Jeong and I are getting along famously, thanks for asking. She really does kick ass; I am very fortunate to have her be such a large part of my life right now. Last weekend we went and saw Bizet's "Carmen" AND the newest Second City revue. While those certainly are different in tone, both of them were much fun!
See you all! Hopefully I can remember to post more regularly now! :P

1 Comments:
Glad to hear you are looking into keeping your health under control.
It is also good to hear you so "up" about your project and life. And soon you'll get JP and Rachel back in your "local friends" category; that's what I'M talkin' about...
Post a Comment
<< Home