And the Doctor says...
Hello all!
So I went to the doctor today. While no issues were readily found; the doctor (whom I liked very much) has had me tested for Celiac Disease. This was done via blood test. She wants to test for this as many of the symptoms of said disease I have. So while nobody knows IF I have it, it is worth finding out if I DO have it.
So the blood test will test:
Celiac Disease testing (do I have it?)
Thyroid levels (high? low? extra sassy?)
Diabetes (although the doctor said she HIGHLY doubts I have diabetes she tested for it)
Anemia (a symptom of Celiac Disease; also a good thing to know if I have)
Other tests I don’t remember. I’ll dig out the test sheet should anyone really be curious.
She also has instructed me to go to a colon specialist to make sure that is all running ok (har har). I will say I hope I DO NOT have this Celiac Disease; I LOVE pancakes, sandwich breads, pastries, pasta, BEER, etc. Ah well, at least I can still eat rice if I have it! Bwana, can I come over to your country of residence for some rice treatment? :)
Forgive my abundant use of parenthetical statements.
I’ll keep you all up to date!
So I went to the doctor today. While no issues were readily found; the doctor (whom I liked very much) has had me tested for Celiac Disease. This was done via blood test. She wants to test for this as many of the symptoms of said disease I have. So while nobody knows IF I have it, it is worth finding out if I DO have it.
So the blood test will test:
Celiac Disease testing (do I have it?)
Thyroid levels (high? low? extra sassy?)
Diabetes (although the doctor said she HIGHLY doubts I have diabetes she tested for it)
Anemia (a symptom of Celiac Disease; also a good thing to know if I have)
Other tests I don’t remember. I’ll dig out the test sheet should anyone really be curious.
She also has instructed me to go to a colon specialist to make sure that is all running ok (har har). I will say I hope I DO NOT have this Celiac Disease; I LOVE pancakes, sandwich breads, pastries, pasta, BEER, etc. Ah well, at least I can still eat rice if I have it! Bwana, can I come over to your country of residence for some rice treatment? :)
Forgive my abundant use of parenthetical statements.
I’ll keep you all up to date!

2 Comments:
Beyotch, you are welcome over here any time you can come.
I will even make you The Special Rice.
Celiac's doesn't sound fun, but who the hell needs Tricale anyway?
You make this description sound so twelve-sided.
Post a Comment
<< Home