Tomorrow is the Roto-Rooter!
I can officially not pork out. Let me explain.
Yesterday evening was my pre-colonoscopy dinner. Jeong and I decided to go have Mexican food and I was determined to stuff myself to the gills with no concern or care for calories or fat or whatever. No limits. At first it was awesome, almost liberating! It has been a long, long time since I have had nary a care about what I was putting in my body.
Well that changed. My stomach must be the size of a pea; one order of chicken and shrimp fajitas (complete with flour tortillas, refried beans, Mexican rice, cheese, you name it!) made me feel like a garden hose that someone had stuffed a Volvo into. WOOF. It was painful to walk. It felt like quite literally that my eyes might have been bigger than my stomach. At least it was tasty!
Today I begin my no-solids day. What I can eat are clear broth, clear liquids (no red, blue, or purple), and Jell-O (again, no red, blue, or purple). That’s it. I plan to pick up doughnuts on the way to work this morning just to watch others eat fatty, solid food.
Tomorrow I get up bright and early to... well I will leave the details out. To “have the procedure” I guess. After the fun-fun-fun I plan to have a massive lunch but will well take into account the lessons learned last night. I can officially not pork out. At least not without serious pain.
Take care!
Yesterday evening was my pre-colonoscopy dinner. Jeong and I decided to go have Mexican food and I was determined to stuff myself to the gills with no concern or care for calories or fat or whatever. No limits. At first it was awesome, almost liberating! It has been a long, long time since I have had nary a care about what I was putting in my body.
Well that changed. My stomach must be the size of a pea; one order of chicken and shrimp fajitas (complete with flour tortillas, refried beans, Mexican rice, cheese, you name it!) made me feel like a garden hose that someone had stuffed a Volvo into. WOOF. It was painful to walk. It felt like quite literally that my eyes might have been bigger than my stomach. At least it was tasty!
Today I begin my no-solids day. What I can eat are clear broth, clear liquids (no red, blue, or purple), and Jell-O (again, no red, blue, or purple). That’s it. I plan to pick up doughnuts on the way to work this morning just to watch others eat fatty, solid food.
Tomorrow I get up bright and early to... well I will leave the details out. To “have the procedure” I guess. After the fun-fun-fun I plan to have a massive lunch but will well take into account the lessons learned last night. I can officially not pork out. At least not without serious pain.
Take care!

1 Comments:
Good luck with the roto-rooter, sexy.
Come to Japan. Our food portions are smaller; just the size for your tummy!
Post a Comment
<< Home